“Janeen Webb is Mistress of the Contemporary Exotic: These are tales to stir the brain and the passions, spiced with bitchy observation, chilling indifference, evildoers professional (and the merely talented), and mayhem galore. Gloriously adult, these stories will transport you – but they’ll never drop you home. And the cover by Nick Stathopoulos, with its bottomless cup of almost-hidden extras to discover, perfectly suits this sophisticated collection. Russell B. Farr also did a terrific job making it a stunningly beautiful book to have for one’s selfish self, & to give as a unique present.”
~ Anna Tambour
We are floating above the clouds at this morning’s news that Janeen Webb’s incredible collection, Death at the Blue Elephant, has been announced as one of five works for the World Fantasy Award for Best Collection.
We’d like to congratulate Janeen on this fabulous achievement, and thank her, Nick Stathopolous (cover artist), Pamela Sargent (introduction), and everyone who was involved in the production of this book. We’d also like to thanks everyone who has bought and promoted Death at the Blue Elephant.
You can buy this book directly from us at here (Ticonderoga) or at many fine bookshops.
A huge congratulations to all five works nominated
– See more at: http://www.locusmag.com/News
- Mercy and Other Stories, Rebecca Lloyd (Tartarus)
- Gifts for the One Who Comes After, Helen Marshall (ChiZine)
- They Do the Same Things Different There, Robert Shearman (ChiZine)
- The Bitterwood Bible and Other Recountings, Angela Slatter (Tartarus)
- Death at the Blue Elephant, Janeen Webb (Ticonderoga)
– See more at: http://ow.ly/TBMZA